Sunday 5 February 2017

Jolly Holly

Unfortunately as I write this post I am not feeling too jolly! Everyone in our house has been hit by an awful flu virus doing the rounds. After nearly a week indoors cabin fever is setting in!!

I managed to struggle from my sick bed to finish this card for Happy Little Stampers February Christmas Challenge.

This month it is :



For my card I used a new set of stamps I purchased at Christmas from PolkaDoodles. I stamped the individual holly leaves to create a wreath and coloured them using Promarkers. There is a really useful script stamp in the set which I used in first and second generation mode to create the background. I used Distress Ink in Old Paper to age the card. I thought the tartan ribbon added a nice festive touch.

I look forward to seeing your work!





5 comments:

Jane said...

Beautiful holly wreath and I love the tartan bow. A real Christmas treat.

BożenA said...

WOW! Gorgeous wreath of holly. Adding passages in the corners of the card is an amazing idea. I love this Christmas bow :-)
Hugs,
BożenA

Linda said...

Your holly wreath looks so pretty, especially with the tartan bow. Hope you are feeling better now xx

Mac Mable said...

Fabulous stamping and colouring. Pretty layout and loving the addition of the bow x

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

There are so many wonderful elements in this card. I love the shades of green in your holly, love the script in the corners, the aging with distrss ink. the tartan bow... Just wonderful. Stephanie, DT.

What can you find here?

The makings and musings of a Sparkly Fairy!