Wednesday 18 July 2018

Under The Sea

The temperature on the South Coast of England these past weeks has often hit 30 degress centigrade! So the best place to be has definetly been by the sea.

I was inspired to make this piece by just that - the sea!


Its not often I make something like this so it is with some trepidation I am sharing it!

I began with a blank canvas and with glue attached string, shells, netting and art stones before covering in gesso. I then applied various shades of green and blue paint, including the lovely dyna paints by Pebeo.

The mermaid is by Creative Embellishments. I was lucky to win a bumper selection of their products in a competition recently. I applied paint and gilding flakes to the mermaid before attaching. 

I am quite in love with this mystical, sea themed canvas!

Challenges I am entering
A Inky Mess - Just For Fun
Altered Eclectics - Anything Goes
Mix It Up Challenge Blog - Anything Goes + Mixed Media
Rhedds Creative Spirit - Anything Mixed Media




No comments:

What can you find here?

The makings and musings of a Sparkly Fairy!