Monday 2 December 2013

All is calm, All is White

Its very rare that I use white on white in my projects, but I am pleased with the result. The inspiration started at The Funkie Junkie 12 Tags of Christmas Challenge. I am so hoping that I can finish this challenge, but as the big day gets nearer the days get busier!


I took inspiration from Linda's tag in the form or the three small tags, the snowflakes and flowers. 
First I embossed the background with a snowflake embossing folder and my Sizzix machine. Then I applied Perfect Medium and WOW! Embossing Powder  - Hologram Sparkle. The tags were cut with a die and the snowflakes punched from silver mirri card. The letters are Thickers which I have had in my stash for some time! I mounted the tags onto the background with foam pads. The flower embellishment was made from the same embossed card stock and vellum, cut with the Tattered Floral Die. I finished the card off by mounting it onto grey card and then Silver Centura Pearl.  So now its onto stage 8 of the challenge!

I am also entering these challenges:
Crafts Galore  - Christmas
Glitter 'n' Sparkle - Add some Glitter and Sparkle
Crafty Hands - Sparkle and Bling
Simply Create Too - Snow or white only


16 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely card xx
Thanks for joining us at Craftyhands Challenge Blog.

Moira DT.

Hazel said...

This is utterly gorgeous - love all the white on white. Thanks for sharing your beautiful card for Crafting Musketeers 'layer it up' challenge, Hazel, DT Crafting Musketeers - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for December - I'd love to see it there too. x

Unknown said...

Love white on white cards thank you for joining in with us at crafting musketeers and good luck

Unknown said...

You can also enter your card over at digi sketch challenge would love to see you there

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

Hi, Emma: Your card is so pretty--beautifully done--all white is my fav and ssssooooo classy! Glad you participated in our "Snow [or Use only White]" Challenge.

The Simply Create Too Design Team will be taking the remainder of December to spend time with our families. Please join us again on 3 January 2014 for our next challenge and Birthday Bash. We'll have lots of crafting fun!

Merry Christmas & Happy 2014,

Diane
Simply Create Too Design Team Member
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

Mian said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! Fab take on our challenge this week.

Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us this fortnight at Simply Create Too.
Best of luck and we'd love to have you visit again!

Hugs Mian
Simply Create Too Design Team Member
Mian's Crafty Corner

La Papera Gialla said...

Great card! I love it!
Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges this week!
Monica - CCC DT

Unknown said...

Love this white on white card. Great job! Hey sent you and your blog a shout out on this weeks Feature Friday post. Amy A.
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/2013/12/winner-wednesday-tpe227.html

Unknown said...

Hello, just love your white on white creation. Just lovely. Wanted to share with you my shout out to you and your blog on today's post. Amy A.

http://alllthingsbeautiful.blogspot.com/2013/12/feature-friday-12062013.html

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card! Love the all white. So very pretty! Thanks for sharing with us at Glitter N Sparkle.

Anne said...

Fabulous card. Thanks for sharing with us at Christmas Card Challenge. Hugs x

Jenn said...

This is a beautiful card, I love the white on white and all the sparkle! Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges.

Nance said...

Beautiful all white card! Love all the sparkle! Thanks for playing with us at The Pink Elephant Challenge this week! ~ Nance, Dt

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

White on white makes such a powerful impact especially when they contain beautifully embossed texture. Your card came out just gorgeous. The tags are so cute and I love the silver snowflakes.

Just a gentle reminder that to qualify for the challenge drawing and/or store coupon, your post must include a link to my store (www.thefunkiejunkie.com) and a mention of what inspiration you drew from my tag.

Thanks so much for playing along!

Hugs,
Linda

Fran said...

Beautiful, thank you for joining us over at the Crafting Musketeers Challenge Blog, Fran (DT) xxx

I'm a Little Teapot said...

What an elegant and lovely Christmas card!

Thanks for joining us at Crafting Musketeers! Hope you had a wonderful holiday season. :)
Hugs,
Kathy Jo, Crafting Musketeers DT

What can you find here?

The makings and musings of a Sparkly Fairy!