Sunday 8 October 2017

Mini Book of Spells

I had such fun making this mini book! I made it for a Junk Journal Swap but would love to keep it myself!


 The cover was made from a cardboard box, covered in embossed black card. I used silver acrylic paint to highlight the raised areas. The lock and hinges are by Tim Holtz. The hinges are greyboard, embossed and again painted with acrylic paint.

All the pages I tea dyed myself to give a vintage feel.



I used lots of different things from my stash and printed ephemera.  

I think I may have to make another one for myself!

Challenges I am entering:

Love to Create - Anything Mixed Media / Creative
Frilly and Funkie - Tis near Halloween




8 comments:

SewPaperPaint said...

I really love your embossed/painted treatment on the cover. We are so happy that you shared with us at Mini Album Makers. Big hugs, Autumn

Redanne said...

Such a shame that you can't keep it for yourself, but I guess you can always make another! I love your tea dyed pages, they really do give such a wonderful vintage feel to your album! Thanks so much for joining in our October challenge at Mini Album Makers. Anne xx

Nancy Wethington said...

Look at that cover! It's amazing! So happy you joined the challenge at Mini Album Makers blog.

Gloria Stengel said...

I love the look of the embossed "leather" cover. I hope whoever gets your project will enjoy it...and that you can make another for yourself! Thanks for sharing with us at Mini Album Makers Challenge Blog!

HMax said...

This is so cool! I especially love the embossed cover! I have a feeling you'll be making more of these. Sounds like you've got the bug. :)
~ Heather

SewPaperPaint said...

Look at that cover! Great design, love the metallic accents. We are so pleased that you shared in our challenge at Frilly and Funkie and Mini Album Makers. Hugs, Autumn

Inna Bronnikova said...

It's amazing! Elegant cover!
Thank you so much for playing along at Mini Album Makers.

Words and Pictures said...

What a magical book of spells - I love it inside and out. Thanks for playing along with us at Mini Album Makers.
Alison x

What can you find here?

The makings and musings of a Sparkly Fairy!