Saturday 20 July 2013

Deep at the bottom of the Craft Box!

I hope you are all managing to stay cool in these sizzling temperatures! Last night was so hot I got up and made a card as I couldn't sleep! It was made after having a deep rummage in the bottom of the craft box and finding these stamps.


I stamped the Kanban images using Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink and then used Barn Door and Salty Ocean to accent certain areas. The compass is a second generation imprint to give it an even more distressed look. I went around the edges with Antique Linen Distress Ink to age the card. I wrapped bakers twine around the card and finished off by adding a die cut kraft tag with a stamped image. To finish I backed the card with seaside themed paper from Docrafts.

I am entering my card into the following challenges:

Chocolate, coffee and cards - life's a beach
Stampin with the Dragon - On the beach
Simon Says Stamp - By The Sea




8 comments:

Netty said...

Smashing card with great stamping, hugs Annette x

Brenda Brown said...

You must have been dreaming of dipping your toes in the cool water Emma. A lovely maritime card.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Unknown said...

Wow loving this fresh take with the stamp (which I have) I feel inspired xx Thank you xx

Anonymous said...

Stunning card! I love the light blue outlines instead of the usual black. It really gives a more nautical/beachy feel. Thank you for coloring along with us at Chocolate, Coffee and Cards.

Nadja

Jacqueline Smith said...

Fabulous card, love the coloring job and all the details! Thanks for playing with us at Stamping with the Dragon!

cheiron said...

You did great work with these stamps! I love the twine with the anchor charm. Thanks for playing along with us in the By the Sea Challenge over at the Wednesday Challenge Blog at Simon Says Stamp!

Angela said...

Beautiful elegent card. I really like the soft reds and blues and the layout is fab.

Thanks for taking part in the On the Beach challenge with us at Stamping with the Dragon.

Claire said...

I love this nautical card, fab image and colours. Thanks for playing along at HOAC this month. Hugs, Claire x

What can you find here?

The makings and musings of a Sparkly Fairy!