Friday 30 March 2012

Midnight Garden


I love moon scenes and am so pleased that I had time to finish this for Craft A Scene's Challenge - create a moon scene.

I had trouble sleeping the other night so I got up and created the background for the scene using watercolour card and Distress Inks. I then spritzed over the top with Perfect Pearls mixed with water in a mister bottle. The next day I stamped the flowers from the Creative Expression set Meadow Flora and embossed them using Black Glint WOW! Powder. Then I randomly stamped more flowers with Distress Inks. I highlighted areas using a white pencil and gave a final spritz using Perfect pearls again over the image. The final piece was mounted onto black card.

Your comments are always appreciated and I try to return the favour!

Emma - The Sparkly Fairy


7 comments:

Ink Art Designs said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! It is Autumn here at the moment and this scene is like one of these cool nights...just beautiful!
Dot x

NancyD said...

Emma, your scene is marvelous. I am impressed by the shadow behind the moon. Well done! Thanks for joining us this month at Craft a Scene. NancyD

Anne said...

What a great background you made, love this!
Anne
x

Brenda Brown said...

A fabulous moon scene Emma, love the background and the stamps you have chosen. Hope you have caught up your sleep!!
hugs {brenda} xox

crafty creations said...

Absolutely stunning Emma

Deanna said...

The layering of colors and affect of the moon is great. AWESOME SCENE!

fatmonica said...

It's beautiful.

What can you find here?

The makings and musings of a Sparkly Fairy!