Friday 3 February 2012

Vintage Sewing Card


Today it is my turn to share my take on this week's theme at Its Crafting Time which is Newspaper. I used newspaper print paper from the Tim Holtz Lost and Found stack of papers to make this card. Firstly I die cut the mannequin from the Sizzix Sewing Room die out of card covered with newspaper. I then dry brushed this with white acrylic paint and then edged with Walnut Ink Distress stain. Before attaching this to the card I pleated dusky pink seam binding across the front. The tag I made from a digital sentiment and layered onto a tag, again distressed with Walnut Ink Distress stain. Using the cotton reel die cut from the same Sizzix Sewing Room die, I made a covered reel of cotton using embroidery thread. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful use of newspaper.
I have to say I never tire of vintage sewing as a theme.
Wishes
Lynne

Netty said...

Smashing design, x

Brenda Brown said...

I'm with Lynne Emma, this is a super card and sewing themes are my favourite.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Fleur said...

A gorgeous, AWESOME card,
BIG HUGZ Fleur xXx

Kate Yetter said...

This card is beautiful!! I love the newsprint.

What can you find here?

The makings and musings of a Sparkly Fairy!